[sumo-user] warm-up period

Shah Sultan
Hi everyone

Do I need to consider a warm-up period for my simulation?  If yes, how can I
deal with it?

Thanks a lot in advance

Re: [sumo-user] warm-up period

Maria.Armellini
Hi,

Yes, the additional warm-up period is important to provide a realistic level of congestion before analysis. In general, twice the longest possible travel time in the model is recommended.

Regards,
Giuliana

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Do I need to consider a warm-up period for my simulation?  If yes, how can I deal with it?

Thanks a lot in advance

Re: [sumo-user] warm-up period

Shah Sultan
Thank you Giuliana for your reply.

Do I need to set the warm-up period through Traci? or is there any other way
to set it once for my whole simulation run? Maybe you find this question
silly but previously I was using VISSIM in which I just needed to change
some attribute for that from the VISSIM interface.

Re: [sumo-user] warm-up period

Mirko Barthauer

As far as I know, in VISSIM you just add some simulation time and traffic demand during warm-up, too. There is no real difference compared to SUMO. You can specify the simulation time with the time-related parameters in SUMO: https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/sumo.html#time

The only thing you have to bother with is simulation output: SUMO detectors collect data from the first simulation step. In order to separate data from warm-up period exactly, be sure to choose an aggregation frequency as a factor of warm-up period (see e.g. induction loop detectors freq attribute): freq*n = warm-up period; where n is an integer.

Mirko