[sumo-user] vehicle with multiple routes

[sumo-user] vehicle with multiple routes

Maximilian Socher
Hey all,

I want to assign multiple routes to one vehicle. The end and start points of
the routes are not the same. So the routes should get connected with simple
from-to-trips.

What would the syntax for something like this be?

And as a follow up: Can I specify different depart times for each assigned
route?

Re: [sumo-user] vehicle with multiple routes

Maria.Armellini
Hi,

You can only assign one route to each vehicle. You will have to merge the routes by hand or with a code (See following link for parsing route files in python https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Sumolib.html#parse_all_edges_in_a_route_file).
You can maybe try to use a rerouter. First you can set a new destination and then a new route. See: https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Rerouter.html#assigning_a_new_destination and https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Rerouter.html#assigning_a_new_route.

Yes, you can set the depart time for each vehicle:
    <route id="route0" color="1,1,0" edges="beg middle end rend"/>
    <vehicle id="0" type="type1" route="route0" depart="0" color="1,0,0"/>
    <vehicle id="1" type="type1" route="route0" depart="600" color="0,1,0"/>

Regards,
Giuliana

Re: [sumo-user] vehicle with multiple routes

Harald Schaefer-2
Hi Maximilian,

another way to get multiple routes is the feature of repeated routes
(see
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes.html#repeated_routes).

This is an example for a trip, which starts at the depot, travels 1+2
times between left and right stop and returns finally to the depot.

   <route id="startLeft" repeat="2">
     <stop busStop="leftStop" duration="20"/>
     <stop busStop="rightStop" duration="20"/>
   </route>
   <flow id="tram1" type="RB628" begin="01" end="800" departLane="best"
departSpeed="max" route="startLeft" period="100">
      <stop busStop="depotStop" duration="5" index="0"/>
      <stop busStop="depotStop" duration="5" index="end"/>
    </flow>

I think the free linking of routes to simulate the one day operation of
a specific vehicle, which circulates on different lines (German:
Umlauf), is an open issue!

Greetings Harald

Am 23.07.20 um 16:33 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Hi,
>
> You can only assign one route to each vehicle. You will have to merge the routes by hand or with a code (See following link for parsing route files in python https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tools/Sumolib.html#parse_all_edges_in_a_route_file).
> You can maybe try to use a rerouter. First you can set a new destination and then a new route. See: https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Rerouter.html#assigning_a_new_destination and https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Rerouter.html#assigning_a_new_route.
>
> Yes, you can set the depart time for each vehicle:
>      <route id="route0" color="1,1,0" edges="beg middle end rend"/>
>      <vehicle id="0" type="type1" route="route0" depart="0" color="1,0,0"/>
>      <vehicle id="1" type="type1" route="route0" depart="600" color="0,1,0"/>
>
> Regards,
> Giuliana

That's a real bummer.

Repeated routes is what I was using up until this point. But it is just too
unrealistic in my case to produce usable data.

I was really hoping there would be some straight forward method to implement
exactly what you described (Umlauf).

Thanks for the suggestions.

Greetings Max

Re: [sumo-user] vehicle with multiple routes

Jakob Erdmann
In our projects we encoded daily plans with a sequence of stops for each vehicle (no re-use of routes) since there just too many variations over the day and the fleet to make re-use of stopping times via external routes viable.

<trip ../>
  <stop .../>
  <stop .../>
</trip>