[sumo-user] vehicle depart time in simulation different with route assigned time

[sumo-user] vehicle depart time in simulation different with route assigned time

Xun Liu

Hello everyone,

I assigned 400 vehicles into the network within 100 second using randomTrips.py. The depart time of all the vehicle in the route file generated by python file are within 100 second. But as I start simulation, I found that some vehicles departed from the inlet node after 100 second. How could this happened, did I miss something?

Bests,

Xun

Re: [sumo-user] vehicle depart time in simulation different with route assigned time

Maria.Armellini

Hi Xun,

If there is insufficient space for inserting the vehicle at it's designated departure time, that vehicle is put into an insertion queue and insertion is repeatedly attempted in subsequent simulation steps.

See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/VehicleInsertion for more information.

Regards,

Giuliana