[sumo-user] sumolib: Can we find the nearest exit edge?

[sumo-user] sumolib: Can we find the nearest exit edge?

Padisala, Shanthan Kumar
Hello everyone,

I am trying to reroute a vehicle network dynamically and I am planning to make a vehicle to exit the network after a certain waiting time - by rerouting it to the nearest exit edge. I came across sumolib library that looks to have promising functions to help me out to solve my problem.

I would like to know if there is any way to find the nearest exit edge, given x and y coordinates of that vehicle.

Thank you,
PSK

Re: [sumo-user] sumolib: Can we find the nearest exit edge?

Melanie.Weber

Hello,

maybe getNeighboringEdges(x, y, radius) from sumolib.net will help you. But it not just find the nearest exit edge, it will find every nearest edge.

Kind regards,

Melanie

Re: [sumo-user] sumolib: Can we find the nearest exit edge?

Padisala, Shanthan Kumar
Hi,

Yes, also looked at getNeighboringEdges() function that could give me the closest edges. But is there any other way so that I can get the data on the nearest exit edge?

If not, I can figure that out the nearest exit edge by giving the list of all the exit edges manually if I have a function that could calculate the distance to an edge. So, is there any function that could give me the length of the route, if I input the current position and an edgeID?

Thanks,
PSK

maybe getNeighboringEdges(x, y, radius) from sumolib.net will help you. But it not just find the nearest exit edge, it will find every nearest edge.

Kind regards,

Melanie

Re: [sumo-user] sumolib: Can we find the nearest exit edge?

Melanie.Weber

Hi,

Sorry but I don’t have a good idea for that.

For example the duarouter gives you the length of routes, so maybe you give them all possible routes and in the result you choose the shortest.

Regards,

Melanie