[sumo-user] speedFactor does not change the speed and travel time

[sumo-user] speedFactor does not change the speed and travel time

Solmaz Razmi Rad - CITG

Dear all,

I am trying to understand the following sentence in the wiki:

Using speedFactor="normc(1,0.1,0.2,2)" will result in a speed distribution where 95% of the vehicles drive between 80% and 120% of the legal speed limit.

Let’s say the legal speed limit is defined as 100 kph in the net file. From what I understood, if I increase the first number which is the mean (for example from 1 to 2) the speed should be increased to 200% of the legal speed limit (200kph) for 95% of the vehicles. The min and max (0.2 and 2 respectively) make sure the chosen speed is not lower than 20%  (20kph) and higher than 200% (200kph) of the legal speed limit.

I tried to change the speed factor to increase the speed and expected lower travel time and higher speed. But changing the speed factor does not change the travel time at all.

I even used the normal distribution without cut-off. speedFactor="norm(2,0)" should increase the speed by 200kph for all vehicles (given that the std is zero). But again, there is no change in travel time and speed.

Regards,

Solmaz

Re: [sumo-user] speedFactor does not change the speed and travel time

bieker
Dear Solmaz,

did you have a look in sumo-gui to check whether the vehicle are able to drive with a higher speed for a short time or is there maybe a traffic light or other vehicles blocking so that the travel time is not chaging?

Best regards,
Laura

Am Di., 21. Juli 2020 um 17:02 Uhr schrieb Solmaz Razmi Rad - CITG <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Maria.Armellini

Hi Solmaz,

you should see changes in the travel time. How are you defining the speed factor?

I think there are some problems if you use a distribution for speed factor as a vehicle attribute, like this:

<vehicle id="0" depart="0" speedFactor="normc(0.90,0.20,0.2,2.0)">

or

<vehicle id="0" depart="0" speedFactor="norm(0.90,0.20)">

But if you define a vehicle type with the desired speed factor distribution and then use this type for the vehicles or flows, it should work:

<vType id="14" speedFactor="norm(0.9,0.2)"/>

<vehicle id="0" depart="0" type=”14”/>

or

<vType id="15" speedFactor="normc(0.9,0.2,0.1,1.4)"/>

<vehicle id="0" depart="0" type=”15”/>

Regards,

Giuliana

Re: [sumo-user] speedFactor does not change the speed and travel time

Solmaz Razmi Rad - CITG

Hi Giuliana,

Thanks for your helpful answer. I had defined the speed factor as a vehicle attribute and this was the problem.

I used the “createVehTypeDistribution.py” and generated a series of speed factors. Then I used the type generated by this python code in my route file. It works J

Regards,

Solmaz

Re: [sumo-user] speedFactor does not change the speed and travel time

Solmaz Razmi Rad - CITG

Dear Laura,

I could not see the speed difference because the speedfactor was not working. I had defined the speed factor as a vehicle attribute and this was the problem.