[sumo-user] reading laneData using socket connection and xml2csv.py

[sumo-user] reading laneData using socket connection and xml2csv.py

Sasan Amini-2
Hi,
I am using xml2csv.py to read the laneData during the simulation. It works totally fine for a big scenario, but when I use the same configuration on a very small scenario, the CSV file remains empty until the traci connection is closed. Is there some hidden feature that I am not seeing when using socket and xml2csv.py?

Thanks,
Sasan

Re: [sumo-user] reading laneData using socket connection and xml2csv.py

behrisch
Administrator
Hi Sasan,
is it still empty after the simulation finished / got closed? If not, it
might be simply buffering.

Best regards,
Michael

Am 24.06.20 um 11:19 schrieb Sasan Amini:

> Hi,
> I am using xml2csv.py to read the laneData during the simulation. It
> works totally fine for a big scenario, but when I use the same
> configuration on a very small scenario, the CSV file remains empty
> until the traci connection is closed. Is there some hidden feature that
> I am not seeing when using socket and xml2csv.py?
>
> Thanks,
> Sasan

Re: [sumo-user] reading laneData using socket connection and xml2csv.py

Sasan Amini-2
Hi Michael,

It is actually buffering because the csv file is written when I close the simulation. However, the buffer time is infinite! even the column names are not written before the simulation (the connection with traci) is closed. The surprising fact is that the buffer time for a much larger scenario with many more links is about 0.07 seconds. Could it be anything else?

Thanks,
Sasan

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 10:33 PM Michael Behrisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sasan,
is it still empty after the simulation finished / got closed? If not, it
might be simply buffering.

Best regards,
Michael

Am 24.06.20 um 11:19 schrieb Sasan Amini:
> Hi,
> I am using xml2csv.py to read the laneData during the simulation. It
> works totally fine for a big scenario, but when I use the same
> configuration on a very small scenario, the CSV file remains empty
> until the traci connection is closed. Is there some hidden feature that
> I am not seeing when using socket and xml2csv.py?
>
> Thanks,
> Sasan

Re: [sumo-user] reading laneData using socket connection and xml2csv.py

behrisch
Administrator
Hi Sasan,
those buffers are usually not time triggered but are flushed to the
output when they reached a certain amount of data.
You may try to add some calls to flush() in the xml2csv script and also
on the sumo side.

Best regards,
Michael

Am 2020-06-29 10:50, schrieb Sasan Amini:

> Hi Michael,
>
> It is actually buffering because the csv file is written when I close
> the
> simulation. However, the buffer time is infinite! even the column names
> are
> not written before the simulation (the connection with traci) is
> closed.
> The surprising fact is that the buffer time for a much larger scenario
> with
> many more links is about 0.07 seconds. Could it be anything else?
>
> Thanks,
> Sasan
>
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 10:33 PM Michael Behrisch <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sasan,
>> is it still empty after the simulation finished / got closed? If not,
>> it
>> might be simply buffering.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michael
>>
>> Am 24.06.20 um 11:19 schrieb Sasan Amini:
>> > Hi,
>> > I am using xml2csv.py to read the laneData during the simulation. It
>> > works totally fine for a big scenario, but when I use the same
>> > configuration on a very small scenario, the CSV file remains empty
>> > until the traci connection is closed. Is there some hidden feature that
>> > I am not seeing when using socket and xml2csv.py?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Sasan

Re: [sumo-user] reading laneData using socket connection and xml2csv.py

Sasan Amini-2
ah, that's why it doesn't work when the scenario is too small. Thanks for the explanation, a very big help to understand my problem. I will look into flush() function in Python.

Thanks,
Sasan