[sumo-user] lcAssertive

amir kr
hello,
I have done 10 simulations and I considered two vehicles type and the only difference between these vehicles is lcAssertive (type 1 =1 and type 2 = 0.6) and all car-following and lane-changing parameters are equal in two-vehicle types. and in every simulation, I increased the probability of vehicle type 2. and I saw that the number of lane-changing decreased in every simulation. I want to know what is the reason?

Re: [sumo-user] lcAssertive

Jakob Erdmann
When you increase lcAssertive, vehicles accept lower gaps for lane changing. Conversely, if you set a lower value, vehicles will require larger gaps for lane changing. Since the default value of 1.0 is already quite conservative, this is rarely desirable. Also, the speed adaption to create gaps is tuned to the default of 1. Higher value of lcAssertive and thus lower gaps will work fine but the larger gaps that are needed for lower lcAssertive values are not created as efficiently as so a successful lane change will happen far less often in dense traffic.

regards,
Jakob