[sumo-user] distribute flows on 2 or more lanes

[sumo-user] distribute flows on 2 or more lanes

Luca Capuano
Hi,
i'm using Sumo to simulate multi-modal traffic within a port.
The problem that's occurring most frequently is that flows using only the rightmost lane, when instead they could use also the other two lanes and therefore distribute in a more heterogeneous way.
This thing creates an unrealistic traffic of queued vehicles which actually could use very well the other available lines.
To resolve this problem I thought to assign for each flow an "arrivalLane" but, for a series of problems, i can't use this method anymore.
I think that I need a dynamic distribution of vehicles according to the available space.
Any advice is welcome.
Thanks.
Regards.

Luca Capuano

Re: [sumo-user] distribute flows on 2 or more lanes

IT Tech
Hi, Luca

You can use this code to distribute the load on the different lanes you have :

here the code distributes 300 vehicles over three lanes equally but you can distribute the load however you want.

<flow id="f" type="" departLane="0" arrivalLane="current" number="100" from="edge" to="edge"/>
<flow id="f1" type="" departLane="1" arrivalLane="current" number="100" from="edge" to="edge"/>
<flow id="f2" type="" departLane="2" arrivalLane="current" number="100" from="edge" to="edge"/>

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 1:53 PM Luca Capuano <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi, thanks for the answer.
Maybe I haven't clearly explained the problem.
I've got a single departure lane and I must force different flows to distribute in a homogeneous way on a road of three different lanes.
Also arrival Lane is only one.
The problem is that these flows occupy only the rightmost lane.
I realize that I haven't explained the problem very well and I apologize.

Il giorno dom 10 gen 2021 alle ore 12:18 IT Tech <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
[...]

Jakob Erdmann
Vehicles will try to avoid staying on lanes that do not allow continuing their route and a fixed arrival lane has a similar effect.
Solution 1: set a lower value for lcStrategic to reduce the urgency of this kind of lane changing
Solution 2: build zipper junctions ahead of the arrival lane so that vehicles can reach their arrival lane from all other lanes without lane changing. Note, that you will need multiple zipper junctions to merge more than 2 lanes into a single lane.

regards,
Jakob

Am So., 10. Jan. 2021 um 21:33 Uhr schrieb Luca Capuano <[hidden email]>:
[...]

If I understand it correctly, you have an edge with one lane and then another edge with 3 and the last is only one lane,

Maybe you can set departLane in the second edge as random.

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 3:33 PM Luca Capuano <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This is my actual situation. Vehicles on the right using only one lane when they could use also the other two.

Il giorno dom 10 gen 2021 alle ore 13:18 Jakob Erdmann <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
[...]

code.png (114K) Download Attachment