[sumo-user] conservation of vehicles to one edge to the following?

[sumo-user] conservation of vehicles to one edge to the following?

Natalia Liora
Hello,

Supposing that I run an one hour simulation for a road network including 10 edges (different length for each edge) while traffic lights are also included,
I define in the rou.xml file the following
<flow id="1" type="car" from="1" to="5" vehsPerHour="100" begin=“0" end=“3600" departLane="best" departSpeed="max"></flow>
  <flow id=“2" type="car" from=“6" to=“10" vehsPerHour=“200" begin=“0" end=“3600" departLane="best" departSpeed="max"></flow>

During the one hour simulation, do I finally have conservation of the number of vehicles from one edge to the following one for each flow (i.e. from 1 to 5 and from 6 to 10) ?
Is it possible to check  the total number of vehicles circulating in each edge?

Thank you
Natalia

Re: [sumo-user] conservation of vehicles to one edge to the following?

behrisch
Administrator
Hi Natalia,
it is not clear to me what you mean by conservation of vehicles. Yes,
every vehicle leaving one edge will eventually appear at the next one.
If you want to count vehicles entering and leaving during intervals on
all edges you might want to use meandata:
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Output/Lane-_or_Edge-based_Traffic_Measures.html

Best regards,
Michael

Am 24.06.20 um 22:49 schrieb Natalia Liora:

> Hello,
>
> Supposing that I run an one hour simulation for a road network including
> 10 edges (different length for each edge) while traffic lights are also
> included,
> I define in the rou.xml file the following
> <flow id="1" type="car" from="1" to="5" vehsPerHour="100" begin=“0"
> end=“3600" departLane="best" departSpeed="max"></flow>
>   <flow id=“2" type="car" from=“6" to=“10" vehsPerHour=“200" begin=“0"
> end=“3600" departLane="best" departSpeed="max"></flow>
>

> During the one hour simulation, do I finally have conservation of the
> number of vehicles from one edge to the following one for each flow
> (i.e. from 1 to 5 and from 6 to 10)* ?*
> Is it possible to check  the total number of vehicles circulating in
> each edge?
>
> Thank you
> Natalia

Re: [sumo-user] conservation of vehicles to one edge to the following?

Natalia Liora
Hi Michael,

thank you. I mean that in case I define at the rou.xml file that in specific edges (e.g. from="1" to=“5")  I have a certain number of vehicles per hour (e.g. vehsPerHour=“100”) this should finally mean that in an one hour simulation the total number of vehicles counted in the specific edges (1, 2…) would be the same (for each edge). Is this right?

Also, in case I define the output file for the traffic measures in the additional file, this would be something like this?
<edgeData id='ed1' file='edge_all.xml' begin='0' end='3600' >

Could I get an output file for each vehicle type? In that case , should I define the vTypes above (similarly to the emissions output files?)

Thanks a lot.
Best regards,
Natalia

> On 28 Jun 2020, at 9:07 AM, Michael Behrisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Natalia,
> it is not clear to me what you mean by conservation of vehicles. Yes,
> every vehicle leaving one edge will eventually appear at the next one.
> If you want to count vehicles entering and leaving during intervals on
> all edges you might want to use meandata:
> https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Output/Lane-_or_Edge-based_Traffic_Measures.html
>
> Best regards,
> Michael
>
> Am 24.06.20 um 22:49 schrieb Natalia Liora:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Supposing that I run an one hour simulation for a road network including
>> 10 edges (different length for each edge) while traffic lights are also
>> included,
>> I define in the rou.xml file the following
>> <flow id="1" type="car" from="1" to="5" vehsPerHour="100" begin=“0"
>> end=“3600" departLane="best" departSpeed="max"></flow>
>>   <flow id=“2" type="car" from=“6" to=“10" vehsPerHour=“200" begin=“0"
>> end=“3600" departLane="best" departSpeed="max"></flow>
>>

>> During the one hour simulation, do I finally have conservation of the
>> number of vehicles from one edge to the following one for each flow
>> (i.e. from 1 to 5 and from 6 to 10)* ?*
>> Is it possible to check  the total number of vehicles circulating in
>> each edge?
>>
>> Thank you
>> Natalia

Re: [sumo-user] conservation of vehicles to one edge to the following?

behrisch
Administrator
Hi Natalia,
yes eventually all vehicles should appear on all edges. If you have 100
vehicles per hour you will probably not see a count of 100 on all edges
for the first hour since the last vehicle may need some time before it
gets to the last edge.

The meandata definiton looks good (you need to end with a '/>' though)
and yes you can have several meandata for diffferent vTypes, see

Am 29.06.20 um 07:45 schrieb Natalia Liora:

> Hi Michael,
>
> thank you. I mean that in case I define at the rou.xml file that in specific edges (e.g. from="1" to=“5")  I have a certain number of vehicles per hour (e.g. vehsPerHour=“100”) this should finally mean that in an one hour simulation the total number of vehicles counted in the specific edges (1, 2…) would be the same (for each edge). Is this right?
>
> Also, in case I define the output file for the traffic measures in the additional file, this would be something like this?
> <edgeData id='ed1' file='edge_all.xml' begin='0' end='3600' >
>
> Could I get an output file for each vehicle type? In that case , should I define the vTypes above (similarly to the emissions output files?)
>
> Thanks a lot.
> Best regards,
> Natalia
>
>> On 28 Jun 2020, at 9:07 AM, Michael Behrisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Natalia,
>> it is not clear to me what you mean by conservation of vehicles. Yes,
>> every vehicle leaving one edge will eventually appear at the next one.
>> If you want to count vehicles entering and leaving during intervals on
>> all edges you might want to use meandata:
>> https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Output/Lane-_or_Edge-based_Traffic_Measures.html
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michael
>>
>> Am 24.06.20 um 22:49 schrieb Natalia Liora:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Supposing that I run an one hour simulation for a road network including
>>> 10 edges (different length for each edge) while traffic lights are also
>>> included,
>>> I define in the rou.xml file the following
>>> <flow id="1" type="car" from="1" to="5" vehsPerHour="100" begin=“0"
>>> end=“3600" departLane="best" departSpeed="max"></flow>
>>>   <flow id=“2" type="car" from=“6" to=“10" vehsPerHour=“200" begin=“0"
>>> end=“3600" departLane="best" departSpeed="max"></flow>
>>>

>>> During the one hour simulation, do I finally have conservation of the
>>> number of vehicles from one edge to the following one for each flow
>>> (i.e. from 1 to 5 and from 6 to 10)* ?*
>>> Is it possible to check  the total number of vehicles circulating in
>>> each edge?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>> Natalia

Re: [sumo-user] conservation of vehicles to one edge to the following?

Natalia Liora
Thank you very much Michael.

Yes, indeed the counts of vehicles “left” from each edge in the output file of traffic measures varies a bit for each edge even though I have defined in the rou.xml file the same number of vehicles per hour. However, the “mean speed” value of the specific output takes into account the count of vehicles “left" from the edge (i.e. the value “Left” vehicles of the output file) ?

Thanks again

Best regards,
Natalia

> On 8 Jul 2020, at 4:34 PM, Michael Behrisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Natalia,
> yes eventually all vehicles should appear on all edges. If you have 100
> vehicles per hour you will probably not see a count of 100 on all edges
> for the first hour since the last vehicle may need some time before it
> gets to the last edge.
>
> The meandata definiton looks good (you need to end with a '/>' though)
> and yes you can have several meandata for diffferent vTypes, see
> https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Output/Lane-_or_Edge-based_Traffic_Measures.html
>
> Best regards,
> Michael
>
> Am 29.06.20 um 07:45 schrieb Natalia Liora:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> thank you. I mean that in case I define at the rou.xml file that in specific edges (e.g. from="1" to=“5")  I have a certain number of vehicles per hour (e.g. vehsPerHour=“100”) this should finally mean that in an one hour simulation the total number of vehicles counted in the specific edges (1, 2…) would be the same (for each edge). Is this right?
>>
>> Also, in case I define the output file for the traffic measures in the additional file, this would be something like this?
>> <edgeData id='ed1' file='edge_all.xml' begin='0' end='3600' >
>>
>> Could I get an output file for each vehicle type? In that case , should I define the vTypes above (similarly to the emissions output files?)
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>> Best regards,
>> Natalia
>>
>>> On 28 Jun 2020, at 9:07 AM, Michael Behrisch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Natalia,
>>> it is not clear to me what you mean by conservation of vehicles. Yes,
>>> every vehicle leaving one edge will eventually appear at the next one.
>>> If you want to count vehicles entering and leaving during intervals on
>>> all edges you might want to use meandata:
>>> https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Output/Lane-_or_Edge-based_Traffic_Measures.html
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Michael

Re: [sumo-user] conservation of vehicles to one edge to the following?

behrisch
Administrator
Hi Natalia,
the mean speed takes into account all movements on the edge during the
relevant interval.

Best regards,
Michael