[sumo-user] Time Gap and Min Gap

IT Tech
Hi Every one,

I have a scenario where vehicles drive with the same speed, let's say 100km/h (27m/s), in a road of 6 km long and the number of nodes is 600.

when sumo is launched the vehicles are spaced each 50m gap between them.

I need to set up communication between the first vehicle and the last one (number 600). with this gap of 50m, it is not possible, as vehicles number 1 will leave the simulation before vehicle 600 gets ever loaded. (considering the 6km road length).

Any idea how to lead vehicles with short time and meter gaps in sumo, as I need to fix the road to 6km only.(im usgin the Krauss car fellowing model : is this has an effect on this gap, as i set minGap="1" )

Re: [sumo-user] Time Gap and Min Gap

Jakob Erdmann
to fit 600 vehicles on a 6000m road you either need to
- make the vehicles slow down to a crawl
- configure them to drive unrealistically close
- increase the number of lanes so they can drive with safe inter-vehicle gaps (27m/s + length + minGap)