[sumo-user] The car-following model and lane-changing model

[sumo-user] The car-following model and lane-changing model

mrayur
Hi,

Could I only use the default car-following model? I want to rule the lateral
behavior in other ways.

Actually, I tested the my reinforcement learning algorithm successfully. But
only 10 actions are defined:
1)Maintain the lane and a=0[m/s2],
2)Left lane changing and a=0[m/s2],
3)Right lane changing and a=0[m/s2],
4)Maintain the lane and a=2[m/s2],
5)Left lane changing and a=2[m/s2],
6)Right lane changing and a=2[m/s2],
7)Maintain the lane and a=-2[m/s2],
8)Left lane changing and a=-2[m/s2]
9)Right lane changing and a=-2[m/s2],
10)Maintain the lane and hard brake at a=-4[m/s2]
Considering that the acceleration should be continuous, so I wonder if I can
only use the
default car-following model to make the simulation more realistic.

Best regards,
John

Re: [sumo-user] The car-following model and lane-changing model

Maria.Armellini
Hi John,

you can find some information about car-following models here https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Car-Following-Models.html.
You can use one of the models available in SUMO https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes.html#car-following_models or you can implement your own model https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Developer/How_To/Car-Following_Model.html & https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Developer/Implementation_Notes/Vehicle_Models.html.

Regards,
Giuliana