[sumo-user] Split edges into equal segments

[sumo-user] Split edges into equal segments

Michael
Hi,

I have a rather large networks where I need to split the edges into equal
segments.
Is there some way to do these kinds of network modifications in Python?

As an example I might have one edge of length 1000 m which I want to split
into 10 parts of 100 meters.

I have tried using netconvert to split the network but this did not work
very well since there are already many geometry points in the network.

Kind regards,
Michael

Re: [sumo-user] Split edges into equal segments

Jakob Erdmann
You should be able to make it work with netconvert by
1) increasing the point-density uniformly: netconvert -s net.net.xml -o net2.net.xml --geometry.max-segment-length 5
2) reducing the point-density to the desired value: netconvert -s net2.net.xml -o net3.net.xml --geometry.min-dist 25

To do this with sumolib you need follow the approach outlined here (disassemble, modify, reassemble):

regards,
Jakob