[sumo-user] SUMO: Queries

Padisala, Shanthan Kumar
Hello everyone,

I am new to SUMO and I have a few queries on using it:
  1. Is there any function that creates a routes file if we just input initial and final points?
  2. Is there any way to add routes or trips into the SUMO by using TraCI commands, similar to adding vehicles into SUMO simulation using the command - 'traci.vehicle.add()'?
  3. What is the difference between 'traci.vehicle.' and 'traci._vehicle.' and why do both of these have different functions in them?
Thanks and Regards,
Shanthan Kumar Padisala

Re: [sumo-user] SUMO: Queries

behrisch
Administrator
Hi,
answers are below:

Am 27.06.20 um 03:00 schrieb Padisala, Shanthan Kumar:
>  1. Is there any function that creates a routes file if we just input
>     initial and final points?

This is usually done by using the duarouter or by just feeding the trips
directly into sumo and let the simulation caluclate the routes. See
https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Demand/Shortest_or_Optimal_Path_Routing.html

>  2. Is there any way to add routes or trips into the SUMO by using TraCI
>     commands, similar to adding vehicles into SUMO simulation using the
>     command - 'traci.vehicle.add()'?

There is traci.route.add function. Furthermore if you give the vehicle a
route consisting of two disconnected edges it will search a route
automatically (much like a trip).

>  3. What is the difference between 'traci.vehicle.' and
>     'traci._vehicle.' and why do both of these have different functions
>     in them?

traci.vehicle is an instance of the class traci._vehicle.VehicleDomain,
so for seeing the methods offered by the python traci interface you need
to look into the definition of the VehicleDomain in _vehicle.py. For
calling the methods you refer to traci.vehicle

Best regards,
Michael