[sumo-user] SUMO Pedestrian Trajectories

[sumo-user] SUMO Pedestrian Trajectories

Muhammad Mateen Mahmood
Greetings!

I am writing to seek guidance related to below queries regarding pedestrian trajectories:
- Can the total count of individuals (pedestrians) be restricted? like to have only 100 individuals moving inside the study area (closed space).
- Can sumo generate multiple trajectories of a single individual or a continuous movement of an individual within a closed space?

I need movement trajectories of a population to execute a contact tracing process, which requires multiple trajectories of all individuals with resticted count of total population.

Thank you for your support and guidance.

Regards,
Mateen Mahmood
M.Sc Geospatial Technologies
Universitat Jaume I, Spain

Re: [sumo-user] SUMO Pedestrian Trajectories

Jakob Erdmann
Hello,
the easiest solution currently is to generate very long walks for a fixed number of pedestrians in a dense network.
due to a bug in randomTrips generation, the following works only in the latest development version:

randomTrips.py -n yournet.xml --intermediate 1000 --persons -e 1 -p 0.01

(generate 100 pedestrians that depart in the first second and each walks a sequence of 1000 random locations).

regards,
Jakob