[sumo-user] Results not showing correctly

[sumo-user] Results not showing correctly

ali mirzaei
Hi,
When I run a particular scenario many times, I expect to see different results in each iteration. But contrary to my expectations, the results are the same as before and nothing has changed. Why?

Regards,
Ali

Re: [sumo-user] Results not showing correctly

ali mirzaei
Hello,
May I ask you to mention the steps that lead to observing a different run of the same flow in GUI? ( by using --seed or --random)

Regards,
Ali

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 11:17 AM Jakob Erdmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
By default, simulations give reproducible results. See https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Randomness.html#random_number_generation_rng for how to change the random seed.

Am Mi., 3. März 2021 um 22:01 Uhr schrieb ali mirzaei <[hidden email]>:
Hi,
When I run a particular scenario many times, I expect to see different results in each iteration. But contrary to my expectations, the results are the same as before and nothing has changed. Why?

Regards,
Ali

Re: [sumo-user] Results not showing correctly

Jakob Erdmann
with default settings the two calls below should show at least different vehicle speeds:
sumo-gui -c test.sumocfg --seed 1
sumo-gui -c test.sumocfg --seed 2

Am Fr., 5. März 2021 um 18:59 Uhr schrieb ali mirzaei <[hidden email]>:
[...]

My new questions are in two parts:
1- Despite reading --seed and --random in https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/sumo.html#input, unfortunately, I didn't get the point. I mean the difference between these two tools of making a run randomized. Which one precedes the other? What is the relationship between them? What shall I do if I want to make my run completely randomized?
2- What attributes of flow are randomized when I change the seed(random) tool?

Regards,
Ali