[sumo-user] Previous stage output not available in TraCI

[sumo-user] Previous stage output not available in TraCI

Tripplanner Mumbai
Hello,

I had raised this question long time ago that the TraCI program is unable to find the  previous stage information incase the current stage has been completed successfully. Particularly I was trying to extract the following information from the previous stage.

         print("previous stage","type",prevStage.type,"dest",prevStage.destStop,"travel time", prevStage.travelTime, "distance",prevStage.length,"depart  time", prevStage.depart)

Unfortunately, the output does not contain all the required information, as shown below.
         previous stage type 3 dest busStop#12 travel time -1.0 distance 672.437702712895 depart time -0.001

@Jakob replied: that information was previously missing from the stage output (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/7274). You can download the updated version tomorrow and find out the desired result.

Surprisingly, when I tried to execute the TraCI code (demo-i.py) after installing the latest version (updated on July 5),  I got some exceptions now which were not there in the previous versions. In particular I am getting the following error:
          Error in Previous Stage retrieval, so, skip this personID:  2229
         , which is due to line number 97 in my TraCI program.

Kindly check the issues in the development version and suggest to me. I am enclosing the network and corresponding codes for tracing the issue.

regards,
Dillip Rout

BidirectionalRoute-Network.zip (632K) Download Attachment

Re: [sumo-user] Previous stage output not available in TraCI

Tripplanner Mumbai
Finally, I installed SUMO through the command line (sudo apt install SUMO) and tried to get the previous stage data through TraCI but again the same issues persist here, i.e., it goes for exception and the program stops.
It is a prolonged question which is yet to be answered by anyone, will I get an answer for it?

On Sat, 11 Jul 2020 at 11:53, Tripplanner Mumbai <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Re: [sumo-user] Previous stage output not available in TraCI - problem analyzed

Harald Schaefer-2

Hi,

the problem is caused by a crash of SUMO in certain circumstances.

For details see issue 7336

Greetings Harald

Am 22.07.20 um 14:07 schrieb Tripplanner Mumbai:

[...]

Hi Harald,
Thank you for this update. I guess that efforts are being taken to fix this problem.
Can I comment on the link as well (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/7336)?
regards,
Dillip Rout

Am 25.07.20 um 14:00 schrieb Tripplanner Mumbai:
Hi Harald,
Thank you for this update. I guess that efforts are being taken to fix this problem.
Can I comment on the link as well (https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/7336)?

Feel free to put additional comments.

The idea of an issue is to collect all informations about this issue.

[...]

Re: [sumo-user] Previous stage output not available in TraCI - new nullptr issue

Harald Schaefer-2
There is a new issue (see 7357)

Am 03.08.20 um 15:25 schrieb Jakob Erdmann:
> Issue https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/7336 is now fixed.

Re: [sumo-user] Previous stage output not available in TraCI - new nullptr issue

Jakob Erdmann
Regression fixed. (About what you would expect from a monday after a long vacation).