[sumo-user] Overwriting in output files while running simulation in a loop

[sumo-user] Overwriting in output files while running simulation in a loop

Shah Sultan
Hello everyone

I am trying to run my simulation more than once through Traci using the
"for" loop. But as far as the outputs files (that I mentioned in the
.sumocfg file) are concerned, I am just getting the results of the last run
only. Actually, after every run, I am getting the output files but it gets
overwritten in the new run. How can I solve this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: [sumo-user] Overwriting in output files while running simulation in a loop

Maria.Armellini
Hi,

You can add the sumo option "--output-prefix loop_number" to avoid overwriting.

Regards,
Giuliana

I am trying to run my simulation more than once through Traci using the "for" loop. But as far as the outputs files (that I mentioned in the .sumocfg file) are concerned, I am just getting the results of the last run only. Actually, after every run, I am getting the output files but it gets overwritten in the new run. How can I solve this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: [sumo-user] Overwriting in output files while running simulation in a loop

Shah Sultan

Is there any direct way to get a single file of all the simulation runs
instead of getting different files for every run?

Re: [sumo-user] Overwriting in output files while running simulation in a loop

Maria.Armellini
If you are loading a different .sumocfg file for each run, I don't think it's possible.

Regards,
Giuliana

Is there any direct way to get a single file of all the simulation runs instead of getting different files for every run?

Re: [sumo-user] Overwriting in output files while running simulation in a loop

Shah Sultan
No, I am loading the same  .sumocfg file but with a different seed. Is there
any way?

Re: [sumo-user] Overwriting in output files while running simulation in a loop

Jakob Erdmann
No. Appending to output files is not supported. You will have to perform the data merging in you own post-processing step.