[sumo-user] Not sure I post question in right place(change sumo v_type problem)

[sumo-user] Not sure I post question in right place(change sumo v_type problem)

Hello:

Hope this email finds you well
Here is my question:

I know we can use traci.vehicle.setType("a new type") to change the car-following mode, but is there any way to preserve the same ID name
with different car-follow-type.

For example, in the route file:
<vType id="AudiTT" maxSpeed="15.00" carFollowModel="IDM"/> <vType id="AudiA2" maxSpeed="15.00" carFollowModel="Krauss"/>
<vehicle id="vehicle_0" type="AudiTT" depart="0.00" route="route_0" />

For example, in the route file: I have a vtype "AudiTT" with IDM model and Audio A2 with Krauss model
when I change the type for "vehicle_0" the whole thing has been changed
is there a way to assign "Krauss" to Audi TT with Traci python in runtime?

Best regards

Jin

Re: [sumo-user] Not sure I post question in right place(change sumo v_type problem)

Maria.Armellini

Hi Jin,

With the command traci.vehicle.setType() you are assigning a new vehicle-type to the vehicle. So you are changing from AudiTT vehicle-type to AudiA2, this means that not only the car following model will be changed but also all other parameters of vehicle-type, for example the maxSpeed.

I think there is no other way to change the car following model in Traci. You can check the following links for more information:

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/TraCI/Change_Vehicle_State.html

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/TraCI/Vehicle_Value_Retrieval.html

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/TraCI/Change_VehicleType_State.html

Regards,

Giuliana

Re: [sumo-user] Not sure I post question in right place(change sumo v_type problem)

Hi Giuliana,

Thanks for your reply.
Yeah, that's a bit tricky question, any way, thanks a lot.

Best
Jin