[sumo-user] Manage multimodal journeys and sumo parking

[sumo-user] Manage multimodal journeys and sumo parking

Nicoló Avogadro
Goodmorning,
 I would like to ask for information about the simulation of multimodal travel and the management of parking spaces with sumo. Specifically, I would like to simulate a scenario where some vehicles (with a certain number of passengers on board) park in a given area. Afterwards, passengers should get out of the car and continue to their destination by walking or taking public transport.
I would like to first ask how it is possible to define vehicles containing a certain number of passengers and then how to instruct passengers to continue their journey on foot or take the bus. Finally, I would like to ask if it is possible to program the reverse route, i.e. a passenger who walks a stretch, picks up a car from the parking lot and continues with the vehicle.

Thanks so much
Nicolò

Re: [sumo-user] Manage multimodal journeys and sumo parking

Jakob Erdmann
For intermodal journeys, see https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Specification/Persons.html (both your mentioned cases are supported).
Note, that the SAGA tool can be used to generate scenarios with complete day journeys (ride, park, go to work, ride home) from OSM input.