[sumo-user] Lane change state

MohamadReza-Haghani
Hi,

I was wondering to get the state of a vehicle with TraCI commands to see
whether the vehicle is in the middle of lane changing or not. I used
"getLaneChangeState" command. However, I did not understand the results of
this command. Based on the link
"https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/TraCI/Vehicle_Value_Retrieval.html#change_lane_information_0x13",
the result should be a number between 2^0 to 2^15. But I got some numbers
out of 2^x. I would appreciate any help to clarify the results of this
command.

Kind regards,
Reza.

Re: [sumo-user] Lane change state

MohamadReza-Haghani
Thank you for your information. I was wondering to know if there is any
limitation in forming the bit set. For instance, only one of the lane
changing motivations can be in the bit set or more than one of them can
occur at once. I also would like to know that urgent can only come with
strategic lane changing or it can be with other lane changing intentions
too. I would appreciate if you explain more about overlapping and I would
like to make sure when there is overlapping in the bit set, there should be
more than one lane changing intention. I also found two lane change states
of 0 and 1073741824 that I could not figure out the meaning. I appreciate
for your help in advance.

Thanks,
Reza.

Re: [sumo-user] Lane change state

Jakob Erdmann
- 0 means 'no motivation'
- 1073741824 (traci.constants.INVALID_DOUBLE) means lane changing to that direction is not possible (or nothing is known because the vehicle already changed in this step)
- urgent currently occurs only with 'strategic' and 'traci'
- in the default model, only one motivation can be active at a time but in the sublane model there may be more than one
- overlapping means: there would be physical overlap with a neighboring vehicle or its minGap when changing in that direction (because it's a special case of "blocked")

Am Fr., 4. Sept. 2020 um 17:33 Uhr schrieb MohamadReza-Haghani <[hidden email]>:
Thank you for your information. I was wondering to know if there is any
limitation in forming the bit set. For instance, only one of the lane
changing motivations can be in the bit set or more than one of them can
occur at once. I also would like to know that urgent can only come with
strategic lane changing or it can be with other lane changing intentions
too. I would appreciate if you explain more about overlapping and I would
like to make sure when there is overlapping in the bit set, there should be
more than one lane changing intention. I also found two lane change states
of 0 and 1073741824 that I could not figure out the meaning. I appreciate
for your help in advance.

Thanks,
Reza.

Re: [sumo-user] Lane change state

MohamadReza-Haghani
Thank you. I appreciate your guidance.

Re: [sumo-user] Lane change state

Jakob Erdmann
please refer to traci.vehicle.getLaneChangeStatePretty for decoding their meaning.

Am Di., 8. Sept. 2020 um 01:18 Uhr schrieb MohamadReza-Haghani <[hidden email]>:
I also found some new lane-changing states including 393216, 407684, 67108864
that I could not find the meaning. I would appreciate if you could help me
figure out their meaning.