[sumo-user] [FUEL CONSUMPTION][HBEFA]

Luca Di Costanzo
Hi guys,

I'm performing several simulation varying some parameters to compare the impact of some variables on fuel consumption and I'm observing a strange behavior in SUMO results (i'm getting those result with traci4matlab). In the image below you can see in the first subplot the speed profile and in the second one the fuel consumption. As you can see SUMO is giving me a value of 0 around 8500 (that is the 85th second of simulation) even if I have a speed of 13.89 m/s.
Instead at second 40 for the same speed value I have a consumption of 1.

Can someone explain those results and how this could be possible?

I'm using default values for SUMO vehicle class emission (EU4 gasoline pasenger car)

Regards

image.png

Ing. Luca Di Costanzo

Re: [sumo-user] [FUEL CONSUMPTION][HBEFA]

Jakob Erdmann
The HBEFA model in sumo not only uses speed but also acceleration to compute fuel consumption.
If you doubt the results (which might indeed be faulty at times), you could check against the results from the PHEMLight model.

Am Mo., 18. Nov. 2019 um 16:53 Uhr schrieb Luca Di Costanzo <[hidden email]>:
[...]

The formula I found in the documentation is image.png .
Of course I cannot see all the values for the c constant but I found strange that, even if, a = 0, I had 0 as result.

By the way I will try use PHEM and compare result

Ing. Luca Di Costanzo

MsC in Hydraulic and Transportation Engineering
Bsc in Civil Engineering
skype: lucadicostanzo82
tel: +39 333 43 92 544

Il giorno lun 18 nov 2019 alle ore 16:54 Luca Di Costanzo <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
[...]

bruce Wang
I have the same problem as you. I think it's a bug。。。