[sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou file using PLEXE

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou file using PLEXE

Thodoris Zerlentis
Greeting everyone,

I am trying to insert regular vehicles and platoon vehicles in a specific time step in a scenario by using SUMO and Plexe. I am using Sumo 1.2.0, Veins 5.0, Omnet++ 5.5.1, Plexe-3.0a2 versions. As plexe documentation points i have to change the traffic manager in my .ini file to SumoTrafficManager in order to insert the vehicles and the platoons from the .rou file that i have created. For testing purposes i used the platoon example provided from plexe using the option for Sumo Traffic. The problem is that i am getting the sumo error

Error: tcpip::Socket::recvAndCheck @ recv: peer shutdown

and omnet exits with code 139. The error occurs only when the first car is inserted. Note: All the other configuration of the example works perfectly.

Why does this error occurs and how can i resolve this??

Best regards,
Thodoris



_______________________________________________
sumo-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou file using PLEXE

Michele Segata-2
Dear Thodoris,

I've checked and the error you are receiving is actually a bug. Thanks
for finding this out. To circumvent this issue, you need to tell me
whether the vehicles you want to insert in the standard SUMO way should
be platooning-capable or just standard human-driven traffic.

Michele

On 05/01/2021 18:41, Thodoris Zerlentis wrote:

> Greeting everyone, <https://stackoverflow.com/posts/65567340/timeline>
>
> I am trying to insert regular vehicles and platoon vehicles in a
> specific time step in a scenario by using SUMO and Plexe. I am using
> Sumo 1.2.0, Veins 5.0, Omnet++ 5.5.1, Plexe-3.0a2 versions. As plexe
> documentation points i have to change the traffic manager in my .ini
> file to SumoTrafficManager in order to insert the vehicles and the
> platoons from the .rou file that i have created. For testing purposes i
> used the platoon example provided from plexe using the option for Sumo
> Traffic. The problem is that i am getting the sumo error
>
>     Error: tcpip::Socket::recvAndCheck @ recv: peer shutdown
>
> and omnet exits with code 139. The error occurs only when the first car
> is inserted. Note: All the other configuration of the example works
> perfectly.
>
> Why does this error occurs and how can i resolve this??
>
> Best regards,
> Thodoris
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> sumo-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
>

--
Michele Segata, PhD
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science
University of Bolzano, Italy
https://www.inf.unibz.it/~segata/
_______________________________________________
sumo-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou file using PLEXE

Thodoris Zerlentis
Thank you for your response Michele. In my scenario I want to have regular-human driven cars with NO capability of forming platoons or even joining. About the platoons I want to insert them at specific time step. So in general the traffic would be human-driven and casually (like let's say every 5minutes) platoons will pop up and enter the simulation. 

Best regards, 
Thodoris Zerlentis

_______________________________________________
sumo-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou file using PLEXE

Michele Segata-2
This is great, because you can easily circumvent the issue then.

You can simply use the classic traffic manager to inject platoons
whenever you want. You will have to modify it, but it should be easy.

Then simply create a .rou file that inserts traffic using the standard
SUMO way. Give them a different SUMO type name, for example "vtypeauto"
for platooning vehicles and "vtypehuman" for human-driven vehicles. Then
edit the omnetpp.ini file to have something like this:

*.manager.moduleType = "vtypeauto=org.car2x.plexe.PlatoonCar vtypehuman=0"
*.manager.moduleName = "vtypeauto=node vtypehuman=human"

vtypehuman=0 tells Veins not to instantiate a network node for vehicles
of that type.

Try this out and let me know if this works.

Best,
Michele

On 07/01/2021 11:29, Thodoris Zerlentis wrote:

> Thank you for your response Michele. In my scenario I want to have
> regular-human driven cars with NO capability of forming platoons or even
> joining. About the platoons I want to insert them at specific time step.
> So in general the traffic would be human-driven and casually (like let's
> say every 5minutes) platoons will pop up and enter the simulation.
>
> Best regards,
> Thodoris Zerlentis
>
> _______________________________________________
> sumo-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
>

--
Michele Segata, PhD
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science
University of Bolzano, Italy
https://www.inf.unibz.it/~segata/
_______________________________________________
sumo-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou file using PLEXE

Thodoris Zerlentis
Great I will try it, thank you. But I would like to ask you if I want the human-driven cars to be able to send messages to an RSU node, and that means veins must create a node for each vehicle, will it complicate things?? The human car type will only send those messages and won't involve as I said previously with joining or creating platoons. 

Best regards, 
Thodoris Zerlentis

_______________________________________________
sumo-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou file using PLEXE

Michele Segata-2
This is also possible and there is an example in examples/human.
Basically there you have a single platoon plus a human driven vehicle on
a side lane that sends 802.11p messages as well. If you look at the
omnetpp.ini file you will find the following:

*.manager.moduleType = "vtypeauto=org.car2x.plexe.PlatoonCar
vtypehuman=HumanCar"
*.manager.moduleName = "vtypeauto=node vtypehuman=human"

This means that a vtypehuman vehicle in SUMO will be instantiated as a
HumanCar node in OMNeT++ by Veins. You find the definition of
HumanCar.ned inside the examples/human folder. As you see, the HumanCar
node has a different stack. It uses an 802.11p NIC but a different
application.
Before running this example, please fetch the plexe-3.0a3 release from
github I just pushed. I noticed I mistake an I've quickly fixed it.

Let me know.
Best,
Michele

On 07/01/2021 11:54, Thodoris Zerlentis wrote:

> Great I will try it, thank you. But I would like to ask you if I want
> the human-driven cars to be able to send messages to an RSU node, and
> that means veins must create a node for each vehicle, will it complicate
> things?? The human car type will only send those messages and won't
> involve as I said previously with joining or creating platoons.
>
> Best regards,
> Thodoris Zerlentis
>
> _______________________________________________
> sumo-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
>

--
Michele Segata, PhD
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science
University of Bolzano, Italy
https://www.inf.unibz.it/~segata/
_______________________________________________
sumo-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou file using PLEXE

Thodoris Zerlentis
Ok perfect, so i managed to implement my requirment by using the PlatoonsTrafficManager and modifing the .ini file as you mentioned. The human cars are inserted as you mentioned from the .rou file with the standard SUMO way while the platoons cars are handled from the TrafficManager. So i noticed that if my .rou file has multiple routes the platoons cars are inserted with a random or the first one ( i am not sure which one ). If i want to have a scenario with multiple routes (lets say 10 different routes) and the platoons can only use specific ones (only 3 routes) i must modify the TraCIBaseTrafficManager and tell it exactly which ones i want to use for platoons? Am i correct?.

Best regards,
Thodoris


From: [hidden email] <[hidden email]> on behalf of Michele Segata <[hidden email]>
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2021 2:50 PM
To: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou file using PLEXE
 
This is also possible and there is an example in examples/human.
Basically there you have a single platoon plus a human driven vehicle on
a side lane that sends 802.11p messages as well. If you look at the
omnetpp.ini file you will find the following:

*.manager.moduleType = "vtypeauto=org.car2x.plexe.PlatoonCar
vtypehuman=HumanCar"
*.manager.moduleName = "vtypeauto=node vtypehuman=human"

This means that a vtypehuman vehicle in SUMO will be instantiated as a
HumanCar node in OMNeT++ by Veins. You find the definition of
HumanCar.ned inside the examples/human folder. As you see, the HumanCar
node has a different stack. It uses an 802.11p NIC but a different
application.
Before running this example, please fetch the plexe-3.0a3 release from
github I just pushed. I noticed I mistake an I've quickly fixed it.

Let me know.
Best,
Michele

On 07/01/2021 11:54, Thodoris Zerlentis wrote:
> Great I will try it, thank you. But I would like to ask you if I want
> the human-driven cars to be able to send messages to an RSU node, and
> that means veins must create a node for each vehicle, will it complicate
> things?? The human car type will only send those messages and won't
> involve as I said previously with joining or creating platoons.
>
> Best regards,
> Thodoris Zerlentis
>
> _______________________________________________
> sumo-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
>

--
Michele Segata, PhD
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science
University of Bolzano, Italy
https://www.inf.unibz.it/~segata/
_______________________________________________
sumo-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user

_______________________________________________
sumo-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou file using PLEXE

Michele Segata-2
With respect to routes, you are right. The route being used for platoons
is the first one, as you can see here:

https://github.com/michele-segata/plexe-veins/blob/master/src/plexe/traffic/PlatoonsTrafficManager.cc#L93

0 indicates the index of the route in the route file. If you want a
different route, you need to modify the traffic manager to use the
others as well.

Michele

On 07/01/2021 19:04, Thodoris Zerlentis wrote:

> Ok perfect, so i managed to implement my requirment by using the
> PlatoonsTrafficManager and modifing the .ini file as you mentioned. The
> human cars are inserted as you mentioned from the .rou file with the
> standard SUMO way while the platoons cars are handled from the
> TrafficManager. So i noticed that if my .rou file has multiple routes
> the platoons cars are inserted with a random or the first one ( i am not
> sure which one ). If i want to have a scenario with multiple routes
> (lets say 10 different routes) and the platoons can only use specific
> ones (only 3 routes) i must modify the TraCIBaseTrafficManager and tell
> it exactly which ones i want to use for platoons? Am i correct?.
>
> Best regards,
> Thodoris
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> *From:* [hidden email] <[hidden email]> on
> behalf of Michele Segata <[hidden email]>
> *Sent:* Thursday, January 7, 2021 2:50 PM
> *To:* [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
> *Subject:* Re: [sumo-user] Error while inserting vehicles from Sumo .rou
> file using PLEXE
> This is also possible and there is an example in examples/human.
> Basically there you have a single platoon plus a human driven vehicle on
> a side lane that sends 802.11p messages as well. If you look at the
> omnetpp.ini file you will find the following:
>
> *.manager.moduleType = "vtypeauto=org.car2x.plexe.PlatoonCar
> vtypehuman=HumanCar"
> *.manager.moduleName = "vtypeauto=node vtypehuman=human"
>
> This means that a vtypehuman vehicle in SUMO will be instantiated as a
> HumanCar node in OMNeT++ by Veins. You find the definition of
> HumanCar.ned inside the examples/human folder. As you see, the HumanCar
> node has a different stack. It uses an 802.11p NIC but a different
> application.
> Before running this example, please fetch the plexe-3.0a3 release from
> github I just pushed. I noticed I mistake an I've quickly fixed it.
>
> Let me know.
> Best,
> Michele
>
> On 07/01/2021 11:54, Thodoris Zerlentis wrote:
>> Great I will try it, thank you. But I would like to ask you if I want
>> the human-driven cars to be able to send messages to an RSU node, and
>> that means veins must create a node for each vehicle, will it complicate
>> things?? The human car type will only send those messages and won't
>> involve as I said previously with joining or creating platoons.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Thodoris Zerlentis
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> sumo-user mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user 
> <https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user>
>>
>
> --
> Michele Segata, PhD
> Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science
> University of Bolzano, Italy
> https://www.inf.unibz.it/~segata/ <https://www.inf.unibz.it/~segata/>
> _______________________________________________
> sumo-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this list, visit
> https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user 
> <https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user>
>
> _______________________________________________
> sumo-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user
>

--
Michele Segata, PhD
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science
University of Bolzano, Italy
https://www.inf.unibz.it/~segata/
_______________________________________________
sumo-user mailing list
[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://www.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/sumo-user