[sumo-user] Driving distance

Yasmina Jaafra

Hello,

I would like to calculate the driving distance between two vehicles in different situations (other than follower – leader cases, and cars are on different edges). I used the method getDistanceRoad that is working fine. The only issue is that it returns incoherent distances when one of the vehicles reaches a junction. Is there any explanation/solution for this behavior within junctions?

Re: [sumo-user] Driving distance

Jakob Erdmann
The function was known to produce incorrect results in this use case in an older version of sumo.
If you are using a recent version, please provide the network file and the exact getDistanceRoad call that is producing unexpected results.