[sumo-user] Connecting multiple routes

Maximilian Socher
Hi everyone,

I have defined different routes for my pt lines an want my busses to drive
multiple routes one after another, so that a bus is not removed after
finishing one route but rather drives to the starting edge of another route
and thus stays in the simulation (like in the real world where busses don't
just appear and disappear all of a sudden). I want a fixed number of busses
(and also the same busses/vehicles) in my simulation at all times to gather
metrics on them over a longer period of time.

How do I connect multiple routes (that don't necessarily end where the next
one starts) or what would be an elegant way of implementing this scenario?

Regards,
Max

Re: [sumo-user] Connecting multiple routes

Jakob Erdmann
For each physical vehicle you can define a <trip> and then concatenate all stops that the vehicle is supposed to service over the day.
The simulation will automatically compute the route to connect all those stops.

Am Di., 16. Juni 2020 um 23:31 Uhr schrieb Maximilian Socher <[hidden email]>:
Hi everyone,

I have defined different routes for my pt lines an want my busses to drive
multiple routes one after another, so that a bus is not removed after
finishing one route but rather drives to the starting edge of another route
and thus stays in the simulation (like in the real world where busses don't
just appear and disappear all of a sudden). I want a fixed number of busses
(and also the same busses/vehicles) in my simulation at all times to gather
metrics on them over a longer period of time.

How do I connect multiple routes (that don't necessarily end where the next
one starts) or what would be an elegant way of implementing this scenario?

Regards,
Max

Re: [sumo-user] Connecting multiple routes

Maximilian Socher
Thanks  for your reply Jakob.

However if possible I would like to make use of my already defined routes
with relative stop times since most routes will be used by multiple busses
at different times. Therefore I don't really want to have to hard code all
the stop times.

Is it possible to assign multiple defined routes to one vehicle and if so,
is it also possible to set different depart times for each route for each
vehicle?