[sumo-user] Battery and Power-train integration into SUMO

[sumo-user] Battery and Power-train integration into SUMO

Padisala, Shanthan Kumar
Hi everyone,

I am trying to integrate Battery Models into SUMO. Can I get some leads and resources on how to do this?

Thank you,
PSK

Re: [sumo-user] Battery and Power-train integration into SUMO

Melanie.Weber

Hi,

see here for how to implement a new device:

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Developer/How_To/Device.html#msdevice_battery

here are some resources for battery:

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Models/Electric.html

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/sumo.html#output

--battery-output <FILE>

Save the battery values of each vehicle

--battery-output.precision <INT>

Write battery values with the given precision (default 2); default: 2

Kind Regards,

Melanie

I am trying to integrate Battery Models into SUMO. Can I get some leads and resources on how to do this?

Thank you,

PSK

Re: [sumo-user] Battery and Power-train integration into SUMO

Padisala, Shanthan Kumar
Hello,

Thank you for the resources. Looks like these have to be defined directly in the routes file. But is there any way to define these using TraCI commands, given a route file that does not contain these definitions?

PSK

I am trying to integrate Battery Models into SUMO. Can I get some leads and resources on how to do this?

Thank you,

PSK

Re: [sumo-user] Battery and Power-train integration into SUMO

Padisala, Shanthan Kumar
Hi,

So I guess I figured out how to do that using TraCI. But now I have encountered a new problem-

I basically used the below-listed commands. When I used the command traci.vehicletype.setEmissionClass('Type_main','Energy/unknown') to switch on the battery in the system, I am getting almost similar values from these both results. But when I have not used the above command to switch on the battery, i.e., when the battery is in switch off mode the first result is always zero (which is expected), but the second result is still giving out certain value.

print(traci.vehicle.getElectricityConsumption('V_main'))
print(traci.vehicle.getParameter('V_main','device.battery.energyConsumed'))

I found this to be interesting and I am now curious to figure out the exact difference between both. I would appreciate it if anyone comments on this.

Regards,
PSK

Thank you for the resources. Looks like these have to be defined directly in the routes file. But is there any way to define these using TraCI commands, given a route file that does not contain these definitions?

PSK

I am trying to integrate Battery Models into SUMO. Can I get some leads and resources on how to do this?

Thank you,

PSK

Re: [sumo-user] Battery and Power-train integration into SUMO

Melanie.Weber

I do not know exactly what you want, but maybe you find the information here:

https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/TraCI/Vehicle_Value_Retrieval.html#device_and_lanechangemodel_parameter_retrieval_0x7e

Here are the TraCi devices for battery

·  device.battery.energyConsumed

·  device.battery.energyCharged

·  device.battery.actualBatteryCapacity

·  device.battery.maximumBatteryCapacity

·  device.battery.chargingStationId

·  device.battery.vehicleMass

Kind Regards,

Melanie

Thank you for the resources. Looks like these have to be defined directly in the routes file. But is there any way to define these using TraCI commands, given a route file that does not contain these definitions?

PSK

I am trying to integrate Battery Models into SUMO. Can I get some leads and resources on how to do this?

Thank you,

PSK

Re: [sumo-user] Battery and Power-train integration into SUMO

Harald Schaefer-2

Hi,

from python the calls look like

tests/complex/traci/vehicle/vehicle/runner.py:        traci.vehicle.getParameter(electricVeh, "device.battery.energyConsumed"),
tests/complex/traci/vehicle/vehicle/runner.py:        traci.vehicle.getParameter(electricVeh, "device.battery.energyCharged"),
tests/complex/traci/vehicle/vehicle/runner.py:        traci.vehicle.getParameter(electricVeh, "device.battery.actualBatteryCapacity"),
tests/complex/traci/vehicle/vehicle/runner.py:        traci.vehicle.getParameter(electricVeh, "device.battery.maximumBatteryCapacity"),
tests/complex/traci/vehicle/vehicle/runner.py:        traci.vehicle.getParameter(electricVeh, "device.battery.chargingStationId"),
tests/complex/traci/vehicle/vehicle/runner.py:        traci.vehicle.getParameter(electricVeh, "device.battery.vehicleMass"),

Greetings, Harald

Am 28.07.20 um 08:14 schrieb [hidden email]:

Hi,

[...]

Hi guys,

Yes, turned out I followed the same thing.
However, apart from traci.vehicle.getParameter('V_main','device.battery.energyConsumed') I also found another command - traci.vehicle.getElectricityConsumption('V_main') which gave me a close result to the first one, but not exactly the same. So, I am wondering why this difference is seen.

I have another query. So, when I noticed that the fuel consumed when the battery 'device' is used. Similarly when it is not used the electricity consumed is zero. This means adding battery is making the vehicle a Battery Electric Vehicle. I am just wondering if there is any way to make the vehicle a Hybrid Electric Vehicle, which uses both battery and fuel?

PSK

Thank you for the resources. Looks like these have to be defined directly in the routes file. But is there any way to define these using TraCI commands, given a route file that does not contain these definitions?

PSK

I am trying to integrate Battery Models into SUMO. Can I get some leads and resources on how to do this?

Thank you,

PSK

Re: [sumo-user] Battery and Power-train integration into SUMO

Jakob Erdmann
The difference is due to https://github.com/eclipse/sumo/issues/7196 and should no longer appear in the development version.

For electric/combustion hybrids there is currently no model. You could build your own via traci.vehicle.setType by switching the vehicle type between a combustion type and an electric type as desired.

Am Di., 28. Juli 2020 um 16:07 Uhr schrieb Padisala, Shanthan Kumar <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Dear Jakob,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I am also curious if I can model my own Battery Models (like zeroth/first-order equivalent circuit model) to estimate the State of Charge of the battery pack, when it in electric mode. I understand that all this is possible if I use Matlab and SIMULINK models for my vehicle powertrain and run SUMO as a co-simulator. However I am planning to do the same using Python on SUMO, so is the suggestion you gave me (using tarci.vehicle.setType) the only possible way to solve it, or is there any other way to do this?

Thank you,
PSK

[...]

Perfect!

This is what I was looking for, thank you very much. I will surely try all this procedure. I hope this works!

Regards,
PSK