[sumo-user] Assigning Random Seed in SUMO

[sumo-user] Assigning Random Seed in SUMO

Bae, Jong In
Hello,

Reading this link (https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Simulation/Randomness.html#random_number_generation_rng), it seems like I can assign my own random seed using
--seed but I'm still not sure where (in which file) I would specify this. Would it be the sumocfg file?

And would this affect all four aspects listed on the above link? The aspects are the following.

Or would I assign random seed to a particular aspect which I wish to randomize?

Re: [sumo-user] Assigning Random Seed in SUMO

Jakob Erdmann
Yes. In the sumocfg file you would put <seed value="..."/>
The one seed controls all random number generators.