[sumo-user] (AV) Intersection Control in SUMO

[sumo-user] (AV) Intersection Control in SUMO

Do Duc Le
Hello,

I have developed a automated vehicle intersection control which uses
SUMO as a visualization tool + retrieving some parameters like waiting
time, travel time, CO2 emissions and fuel consumption. It is an
intersection control for a simple 4-way intersection with a single lane
for each direction.

I would like to compare it to existing intersection control in SUMO.
What would be the "default" intersection control in SUMO which I can
compare it to and how do I get it?

Is there maybe already an option/implementation for automated vehicle
intersection control in SUMO or any kind of optimized intersection
control implemented in SUMO? Or any other traffic management system
which I can compare my algorithm to?

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.

Best regards,
Do Duc Le

Re: [sumo-user] (AV) Intersection Control in SUMO

Jakob Erdmann
The default control is "static" (a fixed cycle of phases with fixed durations).
SUMO also implements a controller that reacts to traffic (tlType="actuated") which usually works much better.